Reducing emissions by 50% as compared to previous models, the STIHL MS 261 chain saw's innovative engine technology is less harmful to the environment. The reliable engine also provides up to a 20% increase in fuel efficiency, resulting in longer periods of use between refueling. The compact, space-saving design of the split-barrel carburetor and the stainless steel muffler reduce overall weight, making it ideal for professionals.
This model has several operator-friendly components, including a side-access chain tensioner, toolless fuel and oil caps with retainers, and a translucent fuel tank. Captive bar nuts are retained in the sprocket cover to prevent their loss and are designed for self-guided mounting. Pre-separation air filtration provides greater air cleaning efficiency and longer run times between filter maintenance.
- Reduced-emission engine technology results in a 50% reduction in emissions and up to a 20% increase in fuel efficiency, as compared to previous models
- Self-guided, captive bar nuts on sprocket cover
- Side-access chain tensioner
- Compact, reduced-weight split-barrel carburetor
- Toolless fuel and oil caps
- Advanced anti-vibration system reduces operator fatigue
- Decompression valve for easier starts
- Pre-separation air filtration
- New round, canister-style air filter
- Stainless steel muffler
- View standard features common to many STIHL chain saws